Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Wednesday.

Last night I attended my first Small Group from church.  They were all extremely friendly.  Everyone brought their children along.  I think the oldest may have been about 8.  And the youngest was James (nearly 1).  One of the couples has 4 kids! All girls--just like my family I grew up with.  (Honestly, it made me want another child!  But, that just won't happen right now!)  We had sandwiches and chips to eat.  There were also brownies.  Olivia did not eat one because she was having so much fun playing with the girls.  She cried when it was time to leave.  We discussed Luke 12:1-34.  I actually spoke and didn't have much anxiety about being around new people. I probably said too much, though! I thought about reading, but I wasn't quite ready to do that.  Once upon a time I was a pretty good narrator, but it has been so long since I've needed to read anything aloud.  Well, that's not true, I read to Olivia and James every day!  But I digress. It was good times and I'm happy that I decided to join a small group.

Olivia is the next youngest in the group.  Above her is another little girl, who is almost 3.  She's potty trained.  Olivia was wearing a Babyland cloth diaper (I knew better, but I was down to those, the rest were all in the wash!). I even doubled stuffed it with some prefolds, but alas, she peed on one of the little girls laps, and it went right through that diaper!  I don't know why I even keep them!  Maybe they need some stripping or something.  I don't know.  Regardless, it was incredibly embarrassing!

I have an appointment today with a diaper consultant.  I hope I don't spend too much money, but I  know I'll buy a few things.  If nothing else, some flats for possibly participating in the Flats and Handwashing Challenge. I plan on going over wool and how to care for it.  I bought some off of Diaperswappers and I haven't the first idea how to take care of it, other than it does not need to be washed very often.  That seems incredibly unsanitary, I know, but wool has some antimicrobial properties and such. Anyhow, that appointment is at 1 pm.  It's already close to 8:30 am.  I have a good bit to do before then. Cleaning.

I like cleaning on some days, but I have not had any of those here of late.  My children are fantastic at destroying and undoing the cleaning I've done. It would help if I were more organized, which I always long for, but rarely achieve.  But on that note, I really must get to work!

No comments: