Thursday, May 12, 2011

Diapers and Shelves

Yesterday's cloth diapering appointment was nice.  I guess because I enjoy talking about something I know a little bit about is enjoyable.  I really feel like I talk too much sometimes.  Anyhow, I walked out of the door with two new Thirsties Duo Fab Fitteds.  I got a the Mango and Orchid colors.  The orchid is lavender/purple, and the very first non-gender neutral diaper I've gotten!  I purchased these diapers for the nighttime.  I'm still in the process of prepping them (wash 7 or 8).  They will be ready tonight, and I can't wait!  I've been using BumGenius  3.0 OS pockets double stuffed.  That system works pretty well for my babies on most nights, but I am ready for a more comfortable alternative. I also purchased a Little Beetles OS organic merino wool cover. I have yet to purchase any Lanolin, so it isn't ready, yet, but I plan to remedy that today (I forgot yesterday).  And, finally, I bought a FuzziBunz Hanging Diaper Pail, Crushed Berries. Olivia was very pleased with this and dug it out of the bag and held it 'til we got home.

I bought some WAHM wool, all recycled from DiaperSwappers.  I'm actually very pleased with it, despite the little flaws and repairs they need.  I suppose because I've never had any other wool before!  I got it for an excellent price, though. And for me to just try it out, I think they're perfect!  So far, they've worked fabulously!  I have yet to take any decent pictures of either kiddo sporting some, though.  That shall come!

I went in search of some wall mounted shelving yesterday, as well, and I came up empty handed.  A friend directed me to IKEA's website and I was pleasantly pleased to find exactly what I wanted, only to be incredibly upset that EVERY item I wanted was unavailable online.   So, I browsed around some more online and found the Container Store, which I also loved.  Those prices, however, are just a bit over my budget. Regardless, I think I've figured out what I want to put up in the living room for the books and for the DVDs.  It would be fantastic to have thousands of dollars to spend on organizational items!   I could use some more organization in my life!  I know I don't need those things and can make do with something...crafted to serve the same purpose. My mom was amazing at building and making things.  I often feel like I've got the same creativity within me, but I lack the ambition or some other critical element to make it happen.  C'est la vie!

No comments: