Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Great Recovery

I joined The Great Recovery. According to the website, this is what the Great Recovery is:
The Great Recovery is a grassroots movement spread by people who are tired of looking to Washington for answers. The truth is that the government can’t fix this economy. It’ll be restored one family at a time, as each of us takes a stand to return to God and grandma's way of handling money.

Together, we’ll bring this country back on track—one family, one church, one community at a time.

There's nothing about this that's unhealthy or unrealistic. All it takes is self discipline. I've also started reading the Financial Peace book by Dave Ramsey. He is indeed a very motivational speaker. His motto, "live like no one else now, so you can live like no one else later" is so very inspirational. I want this. I want to be a better person, and do better in dealing with my family's finances. I believe Mr. Ramsey and the Great Recovery are the way to go.

I'll do my best to blog about it as we go. I've begun reading the book and I have to make some small daily commitments. Once I can manage to keep these, I'll be able to move on. Perhaps, no, actually, it will be a slow process. But it is worth it. Every second and minute of it!

No comments: